I COMMIT TO YOU...
My Top Commitments to You:
Unify Addison: Unfortunately, many residents are politically divided. At present we are wasting too much time and negative energy with one side of the community fighting another side. MY first goal will be to bring more of our residents together. It’s time to come together and channel all of our energy working together for the greater good of Addison.
Pragmatic Decision Making: I will tap into the brain power of anyone that can help us with better decision-making. Council members make roughly 300 voting decisions over a year's time. I make decisions and cast votes based upon what’s best for Addison and seek input to help me discover the optimal solution to our voting items.
Growth: I’m a proponent of high-quality development. I believe there are times we as a Town need to take action to stimulate growth to reach a desired result. At present our Economic Development team led by Orlando Campos is doing wonderful work. In the future, we will reach even greater heights by simply building off the solid foundation that already exists.
Strong Communications: I take phone calls, I return calls, I listen and will share my thoughts with you. I believe in open and honest conversations. I may not tell you what you want to hear, but you will know where I stand and why.
Perfect Attendance: I don't miss Council Meetings.
More on My Platform:
I offer a younger-generation perspective which means I represent a more diverse demographic, bring new ideas and a broader set of interests.
Being a public servant at the highest level of our town (i.e., Addison City Council) is a serious commitment. I have the time and energy needed to properly perform the duties of the post at a high level.
I will continue to be a great ambassador of our Town. You can see some of my work at my AddisonProud Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo or Instagram sites. Whether it's sharing a great story in person or sharing something positive about our community via the various AddisonProud social media sites... I'll continue to highlight the many things that make Addison great.
I will continue to make voting decisions that keep our tax rate at a low level through continued economic development and re-development.
More on the Fine Details of My Position:
- Underperforming Hotels: Tourism is an essential component of a healthy Addison economy and Addison hotels perform the critical role of offering available rooms to our visitors. Unfortunately we have a few that are underperforming and one in particular that has some very serious adverse effects that touch many aspects of our Town. It’s imperative that we as a Town insure each hotel's business practice matches their approved P&Z application, all are paying their correct amount of hotel occupancy taxes, properties are safe, up to code maintenance wise, and not causing an overly high amount of Police/Fire/EMS calls for service. City Council and the Town staff have had extensive discussions regarding "Underperforming Hotels". I believe that if we have a hotel operating like an apartment on a parcel of land that's zoned for hotel use that City Council take the mandatory measures to help the operator in question come back into compliance. We must always make sure all Addison hotels perform in a suitable fashion. Please utilize the links below to see the City Council discussions regarding "Underperforming Hotels".
- Special Work Session of the City Council (February 20, 2017)
- Work Session & Regular Meeting of the City Council (April 25, 2017) - Agenda Item #3
- Work Session & Regular Meeting of the City Council (July 11, 2017) - Agenda Item #4
- Work Session & Regular Meeting of the City Council (October 10, 2017) - Agenda Item #3
- Work Session & Regular Meeting of the City Council (June 26, 2018) - Agenda Item #4
- Executive Session (August 14, 2018) - Agenda Item 1
- Executive Session (September 11, 2018) - Agenda Item 1
- Work Session & Regular Meeting of the City Council (March 26, 2019) - Agenda Item #11
- Executive Session (August 13, 2019) - Agenda Item 2
- Executive Session (January 14, 2020) - Agenda Item 2
- Apartments/Independent Living: I love our high-end apartments. Take a tour of AMLI Addison, Fiori, Savoye, Savoye2, and Vitruvian West all in the Vitruvian Park part of town and I promise you will love them too. I also like many of our well-maintained older apartments. A great example is Waterford Court Apartments. I would also like to see the town encourage developers to re-develop some of our 50+ year old apartments into other uses such as some single-family homes, and a mid-rise condo that provides our seniors a great independent living option. Look to the Northeast Corner of Spring Valley Road and Marsh Lane to get an idea of where this type of development might best be located. Here is a great video of what it might look like.
- Parks: I'm a huge fan of our parks and am a big advocate of maintaining our parks to a high standard. Whenever we re-develop a park I will advocate focusing on a premium re-development. We only have 15 parks at present so anytime we re-develop or have a large maintenance project it's important to me that we capitalize on the long-term opportunity to make each one very special. In the future City Council will be making decisions regarding Les Lacs Linear Park (i.e., the pond portion of the park) when the current pond retainer edge fails. We have a great opportunity before us to improve this Addison park to a higher level. If we do so at a premium level, this park will provide a great impact to the surrounding neighborhoods and the Town as a whole.